76 Reeds Lane
Moreton, CH46 1SG

Tel: 0151-677-7070

We no longer use fax.

» Contact us

Emergency Dental Service: 0161 476 9651

» Find us

Coming by car?

Set your GPS to CH46 1SG.

Coming by MerseyRail?

Get the West Kirby line to Leasowe; turn left (north) as you come out of the station; walk for 10 minutes.

Heart Disease Risk Calculator

This calculator estimates your risk of developing coronary heart disease during the next 10 years.
As well as estimating your current risk, you can also use it to play "what if". What would your risk be if you stop smoking? Maybe you have a family history of diabetes - what would happen to your risk if you develop it? Could it be time to start that exercise program & lose some weight?

Think about the future! If you are a male smoker in your 30's you may well have a low risk of heart disease so put the age up to 55 or 60 (the age at which heart disease is more common) and see what happens to your risk.

If you have already had a heart attack (myocardial infarction) or been diagnosed with angina then this page is not for you. Also, if you have had a transient ischaemic attack (TIA), a stroke, or have intermittent claudication or renal disease then again this page is not for you.
Sex Male       Female
Age years (30-74 only)
Blood Pressure / (mmHg)
If you don't know your blood pressure, use 130/80 mm/Hg.  You should find out your actual blood pressure when you can.
Total Cholesterol
If you don't know your total cholesterol, use 5.5 mmol/l. 
Find out your actual figures when you can, especially if you are male and aged over 45.
If you don't know your HDL, use 1.2mmol/l if male or 1.4 mmol/l if female.
Smoker? Click if you currently smoke
Diabetic? Click if you are diabetic

This risk calculator uses the algorithm published by Dr PW Wilson & his colleagues in "Circulation" (1997;97:1837)

A message for people from other practices...

Welcome to my Heart Disease Risk Calculator. To get your personal risk you need to know your blood pressure (BP), total cholesterol & HDL-cholesterol. You might be able to get these results from your doctor if they have been done recently. Otherwise you may need to arrange to have the tests done.